Thursday, November 27, 2008

Dervish

Oh! Dear Dervish, come here, sit you by me,
And explain you all this intricacy to me
Why is there a never ending strife?
What to do all through this long life?
Why isn’t there happiness all around?
Why do I have to find sadness abound?
I wake up to search happiness everyday
It seems to me there’s only night in my day.

He smiled to say ‘Oh you Hayethim, how can I come and sit next to you?
You belong to this world, for happiness you have to search your soul through’
Oh! Dervish, can’t you see am sad, you don’t have to be so rude and so abrupt
Said he that your soul is in this world and has long become corrupt
I was shocked to see what he just said
If my soul is here, does he mean I am dead?
His smile was cryptic; I was not at all pleased
I beat my chest, in my eyes my angst could he read

Suddenly, along my chest, the drums began to beat,
Come with me Hayethim, let you feel the real soul’s heat
With this he now began to dance and twirl
"Desert your nafs and meditate a whirl"
I smiled for I had got the spark
Suddenly the Light had taken over the dark
While whirling, towards the sky my hands got open
I was in trance to receive my God’s beneficence

My eyes were closed as I was whirling and whirling
I felt the music had God’s word in my ear whispering
His white skirt was revolving
Like this wide earth rotating
Wandering ones gather honey
He begs door to door to distribute his earn of money
I now know when he asked me to leave soul, he was wise
I was now in trance and happy, I had got my paradise.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Each soul is not only an important page in the Book of Fate, but also essential to it, for without it the Book must needs be incomplete.

RS said...

Like Meat Loaf said " Life is like a highway and the soul is like a car...and objects in the rear view mirror appear closer than they are "

Tejasva Bhalla said...

IS this your own creation or translation of someone's work? It looks like a bad translation though.since there is a lot of mismatch.:) im sure with some editing it would bring the real meaning of a seemingly beautiful plot.

Hayethim said...

Tejasva, it is very much my creation and is not plagiarised or a libel.

Penned it down within a couple of hours when the Mumbai mayhem started off.

Please go ahead and do the tweaking that you think can magic it up all the more ;)